Peer Review Process
Every author’s draft undergoes a Double blind review process at ELK Asia Pacific Journals. The process, involves a closed review of the manuscript by two peers concealing the identities of the author and the reviewers. The sole reason for blind review is to avoid any conscious or sub conscious bias. We strive for a quick but through review which generally takes 12-14 days.
1. Preliminary Submission
- Author submits the research paper (manuscript) through online submission form available on our website
- Receipt of the paper is issued to author
2. Initial Screening of the paper
- Forwarded to the sub editor of the respective journal to review the paper submitted to ensure it fits with the standard
- Plagiarism tests are performed in accordance with zero-plagiarism policy.
3. Blind Review by Peers
The paper from the sub editor is forwarded to two peers for a critical analysis to:
- Judge the relevance of literature studied
- Study the Methodology defined and adopted
- Check on the integrity of the scientific work
- Evaluate the study’s findings and their significance to the academia
- Ensure the accuracy of References
A weighted score (out of 10) is calculated on the basis of criteria mentioned above and is assigned to the manuscript as the "Peer 1 Assessment Score" "Peer 2 Assessment Score"
- Paper evaluation by referees consumes approximately 12-14 days, henceforth the assessment scores, with the review comments are forwarded to the Chief Editor of the respective journal for a final evaluation.
Score 10 Score 10 Peer 1 Peer 2 Assessment Score and Review Comments Shared with the Chief Editor
4. Final Assessment by Chief Editor
- Assessment scores are then shared by the referees with the Chief Editor
- A quality check for Grammar, Language, Layout & Format, Style and Graphic Quality of Illustrations and Peers’ score is performed by Chief Editor
- Chief Editor gives his final judgment of whether the manuscript be published or not
Accept as it is
Manuscript may be accepted with no needed modifications if it is flawless on all aspects
Processed article is shared with the Author for review, upon which the same is published.
Accepted with Changes
Your paper might call for some alterations with respect to the referees’ comments after being assessed through the review process. Suggestions are also entailed for better portrayal of ideas.
Comments from Peers and Chief Editor are shared with the Author to revise accordingly.
Irrelevant subject, inappropriate or flawed analysis, existence of plagiarism or incorrect references might lead to rejection of your paper.
Rejection Email is sent to the Author.
Note: The final decision regarding the publication of journal is taken by the Chief Editor whether the manuscript will be accepted, rejected or any changes are to be made in it.
If any discrepancy or plagiarism is founded in the submitted paper, the manuscript stands rejected (or subjected to revision by the author)